Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Belated Mother's Day!!!!


This is an older/double lo (which doesn't come off as my older ones usually do under the what was I thinking category some are really really awful) of my two kidlets about the same age. I normally don't do 2 pagers because well I really really really don't like them or do them well. This was a challenge or something. bwahahaha. Anyhoo, I had a really great mother's day where I did absolutely nothing. Well more nothing than my usual doing nothing lol! Except I did burn the rice so something was accomplished. smirk. It was good as long as you didn't SCRAPE the bottom of the pot if you kwim. I completed a book I was reading and that's a plus. Hate cliffhangers and watched a bunch of reruns and hung out w/my guys. My eldest called which is fun in itself. *insert eyeroll* For some reason all the chattiness he had as a boy didNOT move into adulthood and every conversation makes you want to stick bamboo shoots up his nails or waterboard him to get ANY tidbit of information out of him. So after the first painful 20 sec. (10 were to wish me a Happy Mother's day so that was sortof scripted lol) and the last 10 were me firing EASY questions, that for some reason he felt compelled to put Melissa on who thank goodness knows how conversations work. I am a chatty person (ifyoucan'ttell) but you can only take it so far. Well Melissa not only can hold her end up she can actually do a monologue which is pretty cool because I get to nod, snort and occasionally or throw in some words of wisdom which as a really cool MIL I toss in just for good measure and to show I'm actually paying attention. I sometimes have focus issues. *insert eyeroll* bwahahahahaha!!!!

3 comments:

{Brooke} said...

I never would have imagined YOU having problems on focusing!! SNORT!!! Glad you had a great day! You deserve-you're an awesome mom to your boys-even though they are slowly driving you insane =)

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm not the only one who nurns rice...I'm off to tell E that (he still pokes fun at me for doing it once a year ago!). Happy belated Mother's Day!

Renee Lamb said...

glad you had a relaxig mother's day!! at least all you did was burn the rice. I've actually burned my kitchen down TWICE by cooking.....ugh...some of us just aren't made for the kitchen ya know? anyway, checked out your blog and just wanted to add....CONGRATS on your grandbabies!!! how fun and exciting!! renee lamb :)