Monday, August 4, 2008

The City of Brotherly Love

I love history and Phila. is one of my favorite places to be. It has a very exciting past and it was fun to walk where the most intelligent, visionaries of our country's history walked and lived. Like NY, Phila also takes my breath away.

I didn't know that Betsy Ross had a house there. Didn't know Ben Franklin was buried there. Love learning knew things. Again, the people that live here, seem to take it as their due. Which is also very cool.


Independence Hall - got to zip through there again and got some more photos (remember taketheshot it Became my mantra again. SIGH.
I

Love the architecture of the buildings. Love the fascinating details. Love the history.

3 comments:

Renee Lamb said...

love the pics and I am a total history lover too. I went to Philly when I was 12 and got to take a tour of the Betsy Ross house - these photos bring back many memories! I love the history and buildings there!

Monica and the team said...

great pictures! i went to phillie a few summers ago and would love to take my kids there - lots of history! sounds like you are having a great trip!

nfaband said...

Wow ... you did get some fantastic photos Lynn. I've only been in to Philly once and believe it or not I never really got to see anything ... except the train station and the Italian section where I had a yummy cheesesteak. I'd love to get back and see the sites ... maybe next Fall.