Saturday, March 7, 2009

Playing and getting some challenges done!


Woo hoo! It's been fun on 2 peas playing w/some of the challenges. One challenge - Flashback Friday - Vacations. So I went way back, to when as a family we'd go to Atlantic City. I did realize I had so much to say about it 'til I started rolling. I left a big spot and wondered how I was going to fill it, but alas, never fear, chatterbox that I am had absolutely no problemo using the space. I used MM 5th Ave (yea I know for boardwalk pix) and a bit of BG. AND I used my NEW QUICKUTZ 12 in plaltform - dragonfly alpha - also new LOVE THEM BOTH AND put three dies of blossom on the platform and wa-la cut out the word air. LOVE IT! SOOOOOO here's the journaling for "In the air..... All it takes is the smell of salty air and the call of a sea gull to take me back to our vacations in Atlantic City. Since we couldn't afford many, these few we did take as a family are precious.
I remember all 4 of us staying in the same room a few blocks off the boardwalk.
i remember eating cereal and warm milk in the morning. (I hate warm milk).
I remember that even though we didn't have a lot of money - we had fun and no idea we didn't have a lot of money.
I remember wearing matching shirts. Dad included.
I remember my dad's love of taking pictures.
I remember the cold water and sand in my bathing suit. EWWW!
I remember chasing the ice cream man down on the beach and madly eating it before it melted.
I remember getting along w/my brother.
The smell of the salty air and cry of the sea gull, in an instant, makes me recall happy times.
Lynn, Billy, mom and dad behind the camera.

The next challenge was "A rose by any other name...... NICKNAMES! And my kidlets had some! So I got the first one done using a not so great picture (Ali says its okay) about Nick's nickname - which the first one was NICKNICK - said really fast. And it was adorable. I love how it turned out and got to use some of my stash. Gasp! Gotta love that and My Mind's Eye rocks, jotters-by Luxe, unk plastic flowers I believe my pal April gave me and the paint and rubon title that I love to use and haven't done in a long time.woo hoo!

1 comment:

Lydia said...

Thanks I got my blog fixed it should allow comments now!! Yours looks great I love the vibrant green in your LO.