Friday, May 22, 2009

art journal

In January, because of course that's when everyone starts something new. So much for being original. bwahahaha! Anyhoo, I have been adding pages as the mojo and/or mood takes me. I also really wanted to break out of the box creativity wise because well. I just did. Of course a couple of the pages do reflect my s/b style, and I found that breaking out is hard to do. SNORT. So....the other day I was having issues w/working on a dinosaur book of the grandbaby so I switched gears. And out of the funk came these 2 pages. - Its a 6 by something a tad bigger book, but I had this hambly print and pink paisley paper in my bad girl kit and just put them together. Of course it needed something else, so all I could think of was birds in a cage - and Springsteen's song title Empty Skies popped in my head. Nothing more except lil Davis funky foam stamps were needed. The other page (which actually came first) came about watching peoples interactions and that games they play just really piss me off. Again w/lil Davis because they just complete the mood. And I used the Tim Holtz mask that I won in a RAK from CraftySuz blog. It was so much fun to play w/along w/the new glimmer mist I've had laying around. So I can thank Suz for the inspo. Everything about the book is really loose. I haven't really gone all out on the decorations (front/back and rings) because I'm waiting......and waiting.....for it all to come. bwahahaha ....because that's how I roll.

6 comments:

Lisa Carroll said...

fun project and it sounds like a great way to stretch your creativity!

Suz said...

Wow that looks great! I love those masks & I'm glad you liked it.

Renee Lamb said...

girl...you are the cutest. I love how you roll. and your creations are super inspirational and awesome! i love the funk! big squeeze!

betsy (pharmgirl) said...

love your art journal - stuff like that is great!

Pamela said...

Looks great! I love glimmer mist...it's easy to get hooked on it! :)

{Brooke} said...

Cool, ver cool. Let it flow and keep on with your roll, LOL! Love ya bunches...smoochies....