Sunday, August 26, 2012

Climbed Cannon Mountain

on a tram of course. Last time Jill and I attempted this it was closed. And I breathed a sigh of relief.

However this time - no excuses except maybe closing down for the storms moving in. Evidently we beat the storm. What is it with me and stormy weather???

It wasn't as bad as I thought because looking down wasn't bad, and in keeping the eye glued to the horizon I didn't feel as if I was going to fall out of the tram and roll on down the hill at anytime. My mind just works that way. Its a gift.

Although when the tram hit that tower right there, some swinging was involved. I'm not a fan of swinging.

Photo ops happened when they stood still long enough.

We proceeded to hike up this (and I use the term loosely) trail. 

The really really tall and high observation tower.

I made it to the top of this tower and lived to tell about it.
And made it down. Breathing might have been an issue but I got over it.
Excitement to check out the view. And then we hiked to up a really big rocky hill to the observation tower.
Dramatic clouds and storms rolling in.

Just as the thunder started rolling and rain came down, we made it down to the bottom and celebrated with ice cream. Maine Moose Track ice cream. Can we say yum!

1 comment:

Connie Mercer said...

you are so adventurous!!!!