Saturday, April 20, 2013

Knights Key, Marathon, FL is a very relaxing place

 From my comfy lounge chair prior to napping I stalked this
bird stalking fish.
 He didn't get any fish but I got him.
 The view from our campsite is gorgeous.
Love the anahingas sunning on the rock.
They did that all.day.long.
Look how the water changes colors.
 I chased this hermit crab across the campsite.
He was fast. Really really fast.
And good at disappearing.
 This used to be the 7 mile bridge.
There is a new one.
We biked over this bridge.
2 miles up and down.
Not too mention the mileage from the campground 
to the bridge.
I got fried.
Pigeon Key, an island is at the end of the bridge.
Its quite quaint and historical.
Thankfully, the sun went back in so it 
was an easier pedal back.
I'm quite proud the feat as is Tom.
My knee did great.
Took awhile to find the rythym.




1 comment:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

I always love seeing your travel photos, Lynn. I have to admit I've never heard of an anahinga. You learn something new every day. :)