Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Play day!!!

My friend Holli came over after stopping at our Lss. Treasured Memories. She had played with gelatos at the store and showed me the awesome results so of course I had her check some colors out for me. Which she did. And she brought her's of which she had every color. She also picked out some Authentique papers for me.

She also got me this adorable collapsible cup for water and stuff along with some gesso and a gel medium.

You have to prepare the paper with the gesso and its up to you if you want to use the gel medium to treat the paper. The paper the 2 bottles are sitting was treated with the gel and gives it a shine.

They are like crayons with an attitude and you can do so much. They can be water colors, crayons or you can add dimension by flicking chunks off. You can mix them with water, mists or paint.

We had a great time sitting on the lanai and just playing. We also used some stencils, stamps and embossing dies on some of the papers. I found it better to make the papers first then emboss after I had done in reverse of course and it was hard to see the stencil. 

The set I had is called diner colors and they are sooooo cool. Gold, teal, grey and red. We also practiced on different color papers, although we mostly used white. Since you set it up with gesso, everything is white including the tan. The black however, if you didn't soak the gesso on, came out grey and I found that interesting. 

Today, I will be attempting to actually using some of of these papers somehow. 



1 comment:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Now that's a sweet friend! I can't wait to see how you put this stuff to use. :)