Sunday, June 2, 2013

Layering on - A double dawg dare.

First off, babybeast is momma's nickname because Grammy would never think
that sweet, adorable, loveable, Amelia could possibly be 
a babybeast. LOL!
I started this page with the red mat and built the rest around.
I liked the way it popped the photo.
I also loved this paper from Studio Calico kit and
this Authentique is perfect with it.
 Love washi tape and used it at the top and side to anchor the paper layers.
I then decided that something more was required.
I dug way back in stash and its either old Basic Grey or 7 Gypsies
rubons that I found. It was a long piece that I cut up at
various intervals to fit and layered it over the washi tape.
 Well. I had some bling laying about and hadn't used it like forever.
There were diamond and black. Swoon.
So I cut that up to fit. 
And then butterflies instead of flowers.
 It's been awhile since I did really girlie. In this corner I didn't use
the washi tape, but it looked blank so I added the rubons, bling and butterflies
and it balanced out the page. I also splattered some red mist about.
Back to the red, I love the saying on that strip from Authentique
sticker sheet  and it covers
up some goofy gluing I did and the hearts have the 
same function - a goofy corner that bothered me.
Then -I layered the title on top of everything
And in red because it just balanced the rest of the red out.
I had to resort to QK katie font because I didn't have enough red letters
and none that could genetically modified, nor were the white ones
I had the correct size. It was kinda fun to break out the dies.

So after a long and windy ride -
YOUR CHALLENGE IS TO LAYER LAYER LAYER!

5 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Such a pretty page, Lynn, with all of the special, girly touches. I have no problem taking on your layering challenge, but you probably knew that, right? :)

Murphy's Law said...

You rock the layering - learned a lot from you!

Connie Mercer said...

I think you nailed the layering. Looking great and love how you used the rubons. Very fancy page:):)

Linda Beeson said...

I so love the great accents you used!

gale said...

Gorgeous layout, and wow, what a pretty picture too. Those eyes!!