Sunday, January 26, 2014

Remember that tease with the bingo card....

I started with a challenge from Off the Rails Scrapbooking to alter
an item or items with mist, paint, ink etc.
Well these two items have been laying about forever.
Tea varnish and a card. I added the varnish with a foam brush
unevenly I might add so that it more resembles that
uneven aging.
 This unknown big flower I've also had forever and the
name is on the tip of my tongue and will it roll off -nooooooo
There's also some Ranger ink on there for a bit more definition.
 I picked up these new KaiserCraft embellies just the other
day and man did they work out perfect.
 Just brushing the tea varnish over changes the look
quite dramatically I think.
 I thought I might have been getting too carried away.
(As if that could happen) but when its all assembled it
looks like it aged that way.
 I love the layers. I did pull the twine off and aged that as well
because after looking at this photo it stuck out like a sore thumb.
And wa-la! Of course I had to go find a photo that would that wouldn't overwhelm
or be overwhelmed. That's my mom and I honestly can't
guesstimate a year on it. I think this will be one of my favorites.
Sadly I can't it sit around too long - FL does not lend itself in keeping the
photo from fading unless I frame it. hmmm.......

So your challenge is to alter an item or items; link it up over at 
Off the Rails and be eligible to win a prize.
Check it out here!
Thanks!

3 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This turned out fabulous, Lynn! Love the bit of twine clipped into the clothespin!

Connie Mercer said...

**love it**** frame it, very awesome!!!!!

gale said...

very cool!! Love how you put this together-really beautiful.