Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Whitewashing with gesso

I actually began this page with no direction in mind.
Shocking I know.
I did have a photo though - a very artistic type photo.
I grabbed my Basic Grey and began
by laying down some 3MScotch washi tape - I know.
 It was quite bright so I decided that some whitewashing would mute it a bit.
And it worked.
 Went to the stash BG sent me from the warehouse purchase and ba-zinga...
(I miss Sheldon).
I located quite a few stickers that would work on the page
and began laying them down as well.
 So as usual I got into the spirit of the thing and with a couple of interruptions
we'll be going straight from here to the finished product.
Surprise!!!
I seriously love how it turned out. 
And it works so well with the photo of little Lou.
I'm jealous actually - I'd love to take cool pix like that.

All BG except for Bella Blvd & October Afternoon alphas,
Evalicious (my new favorite) and Cloud 9 buttons and Scotch 3M washi.

I did post this over at Paper Issues and participated in their New Issue.
I am also going to follow them on blog lovin'.


3 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Wow! I love how this turned out too, Lynn! You need to link this up to the Mix Tape linky party at Paper Issues (includes washi tape). :) http://paperissues.blogspot.com/2014/08/new-issue-mix-tape-with-hazel-ruby.html

Connie Mercer said...

I love it too!! I would have never thought to do that. Yes~ to what Lisa says. do it!!!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

So glad you linked this up, Lynn! Don't forget to link back if you want to be entered in the random drawing for the Hazel & Ruby prize. :)