Thursday, June 23, 2016

Going for a bit of whimsey

My first idea was to make my own cutfile type "stencil"
for lack of a better word by using those spellbinder diecuts
gluing them together and then back them
using the Sassafrass Lass paper.
I wasn't crazy about the outcome when I backed a couple.
It just looked too heavy for the page.
However they are cute to use somewhere else.
However, I did like the bird and those wheel thingies or slices and hearts
so I began fussy cutting, punching, and tossing them about on the page
using the die cuts separately and not backed.
 There are clusters and then some tight clusters going on.
 Sadly that is the end of the Sassafrass Lass paper. I really love it-because its fun.
I'm not sure why I added pink and orange either except I liked it.
I think it plays off the whimsey I was going for
and then I tossed some Heidi shine and Mr Huey mists about.
And that is a sequence of photos of Amelia playing.
I didn't catch that at first when I first saw the photo....that I've had for awhile.
The rest is Studio Calico of course, and that adorable bow punch.

4 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

I like whimsey :) so cute :)

Unknown said...

Very creative way to use the embellishments, lovely page Lynn. :) (and BL)

Unknown said...

So cute! BL

Holli said...

once again another great LO! love it!