Friday, June 3, 2016

Reworking a cork embellishment

TGIF Everyone!!!

This baby came in the April kit and there was a photo
that I knew would be perfect with it.
However, its a huge embellishment that I had to
figure out how to work in.
First it was naked cork, I love naked cork but it
didn't seem to go with the page I was putting together.
So I decided to shabby chic it up with white paint.
That didn't work either.
So I have some Inka gold paint - Not the same paint as Adele (Inky Quill)
but its gold and it works so.....
I slapped it over the white paint.
Cork sucks a lot of paint.
Just sayin.....
I kept the mats and embellies simple.
Actually I chose this paper because it totally rocked the photo
and using any kind of mat would've taken that away.
So gasp - I left it bare except for the doily that
actually anchors the huge title.
 Broke out some more punches, and gold dots and stars
and some messy stitching.
Studio Calico, except for the punch and EK Success stickers.
Did a smidge of mixed media with some water colors.
Fussy cut the flower from a PL card.
I love that flower.

Another "steal" from Inky Quill is that I purchased a sheet of gold/glittery paper
and with a heart punch - well, totally adorable inexpensive
GOLD hearts to scatter about the page and make it girly.

7 comments:

Camille Short said...

OMG, Lynn - you NEVER disappoint. I LOVE IT!!! Bloggie Love

Murphy's Law said...

I love your comments. So glad you enjoy my blog :)

Tracy F said...

This is so cute! Love that big title! BL

Jean said...

What a wonderful idea! bl!

Unknown said...

I love all the gold, great job. BL

MadeByKarla said...

Great idea, coloring the cork! Might have to give this a try!

MadeByKarla said...

Great idea, coloring the cork! Might have to give this a try!