Monday, March 5, 2018

Foam stamps and enamel paint

I have a ton of them because at one point
foam stamps were totally 
en vogue for scrappers everywhere.
So, I broke out an old, old set that came as a 
kit of the month, named as "Not your ordinary stamp set."
It has everything in it, from month stamps, flowers and 
stuff in all shapes and sizes.
 I then took out my studio calico color theory paints
and wa-la (except for white) that I wasn't using much and
look at those vibrant colors.
I need to work on my painting skills but I do love the result. 
Nuvo drops in gold are the flower centers.
So wild, bold, and colorful on kraft paper.
I love kraft paper.
I made a mat cluster with that amazing gold doily
(doily and tag people LOL)
to highlight the small photo
of my gram with my favorite eldest son - so
that would be his great grandmother -Mammy - he
had trouble with G's. 

Mom, Nick and I were bringing Mammy back to Florida
for a visit and Nick just needed out of his
car seat for a moment - and of course she sat in the
back with him.
It was fun to have her with us.

The title doesn't stand out here but works in real life.
Tim Holtz words that say it all.

3 comments:

Holli said...

Absolutely stunning. Those flowers love love..

Connie Mercer said...

very bright and bold ( like you) ~ love it :)

D's Paper Studio said...

I love how the flowers turned out with your foam stamps. Bright, Bold, and Beautiful!